Caring For Your Oriental Rug
Fine oriental rugs are masterpieces of textile artistry. They are prized possessions that are often handed down as family heirlooms and they require special care.
These easy-to-follow tips will help prolong the life of your oriental rug and keep it beautiful for years to come.
1. Turn the rug 180⁰ every year to avoid uneven fading and wear.
2. Vacuum in the direction of the nap, avoiding the fringe, and don't use the beater bar.
3. Vacuum frequently, at least once per week.
4. If your rug is under a solid piece of furniture, make sure to check for moths periodically and have it mothproofed if you are planning to store it for a prolonged period of time.
5. Good quality rug padding can prolong the life of your carpet. Call Doug's Rug Care at (814) 808-5071 for more information about our rug pads.
6. Don't let stains set. See our Frequently Asked Questions page for helpful stain-removal tips.
7. Have your carpet professionally cleaned by a certified rug care facility every 1 to 3 years, depending on traffic and other environmental conditions like the presence of pets or smokers.
Call Doug's Rug Care at (814) 808-5071 for more information or to schedule your pick-up!